I'm stilling kicking myself over this one. I went to change the pads in our swamp cooler and noticed the water flow was reduced. Rather than buying a new one (which we really should have done) I figured this is a easy fix. I replaced the pump and some clogged tubing and everything was fine (for 10 minutes). Then I noticed that the motor was slowing down and overheating. That was my next opportunity to replace the swamp cooler for a new model, but after replacing the pads/pump/plumbing I could not bring myself to do it. I bought a new motor instead. Now I'm $150 in on repairs on a swamp cooler I should have replaced at the onset of problems. At least it is working well.