Make Magazine picked up a story on my iRobot battery hack. Sadly it has been receiving some of the usual comments such as "that will not work". To which I say - "Whatever"...It works. Also our new net buddy over at Non Serviam Radio (a fun end of the world podcast) said some nice things about Holy Scrap Hot Springs.
- Lucifer's Hammer
- Five Acres and Independence
- The Collapse of Civilization - The Seed of the Future
- Plan B 3.0 - Mobilizing to Save Civilization
- The Fifth Sacred Thing
- 1 part ammonia
- 1 part vinegar
- several parts water
weekend. The little grey snorkel used to be taller than the water
tank. I did this because we had a leaky ball valve that is difficult
to find fittings to replace. The wind blew over our long grey snorkel
and through the slow ball valve leak we lost 200 gallons of rain
water. I've not modified the little snorkel to be much shorter and
added a 2" PVC male adapter with screw on head so that we can easily
obtain water from the tank and not worry about windstorms.
- not allowing the system to off gas before connecting to the house
- the use of blueboard (foam) it is melting in the heater and not necessary.
- virtually no packaging on food
- shop in pretty much one section of a grocery store
- fast prep & cleanup
- naseau and headaches (first 2 days only)
- sleeping better ( I close my eyes and six hours layer wake up ready to go ).
- mentally clear - easy to recall information and follow detailed conversations.
- hyperactive - this is almost 100% of the time while raw. As long as I am not hungry I am bursting with energy as if I drank 5 cups of coffee.
- weird film on teeth
My breakfast is shown here "Happy Poridge". It is pretty much walnut pulp plus walnut milk with coconut, agave, cinnamon and raisins.
$37 battery desulfator kit. It looks like a pretty simple device that sends pulses to lead acid batteries to help clean the battery plates. There are many success stories on the net about resuscitating essentially "dead" lead acid batteries. Since we have two electric vehicles and live off grid we have a lot of motivation to take care of our batteries. I've seen kits that sell for hundreds of dollars, but this 555 based kit seems to kick out a lot more juice than the fancy ones with wimpy solar panels.
- Banana Cashew Yogurt
- Junk Food Salad
- Corn Symphony
All three turned out great. I did feel a pang of upset stomach while munching on some fake tuna rolls leftover from last night. There are a few ingredients I have been unable to get so I have just been making stuff up as I go. Each dish is generally 2-3 servings and I am pretty hungry so I just eat them all. This will not be a weightloss week.
Posted by Wendy Jehanara Tremayne at Tuesday, November 04, 2008