with restaurant grease after two days of tinkering. I tell him after
the photo that the flow has slowed. We decide to change put the filter
more frequently which helps a great deal.
pump. We wrangled a few gallons of fuel and talked with the cook at
the local New Mexican restaurant.
used veggie oil with the school bus. Unfortunately, the trucks pump
for pulling the used oil from the restaurant tanks into the school
bus tank jammed up.
community. He is seen in his home here handing out herbal remmedies. I
think the ladies are chewing on dried licorice. Not to be confused
begin skinning the dome with remesh and lath. It took about 80 man
hours to build and assemble. We have $170 worth of rebar in the
could start climbing on the dome. This was kind of fun and lead to a
realization. We probably will not need ladders or other climbing
devices to get our welded wire mesh and lath on the structure. We can
just climbing right up on the hoops and work out way down the base.
hoops today. We finally started to get a good tight fit after a few
tries. Calculating the circumference of the circle ahead of time made
a big difference. Smoke is welding the horizontal bands in place in
hoops for our battery room dome. The jig just has a six foot diameter
circle drawn on it. We pin the rebar in place with 1 1/4" dry wall
consistency. Now the mix is:
Half a bucket stained paper /
1 gallon prickly pear slime
4 cups lime
2 cups Portland
2 cups micro silica sand
or Consequences today. Do you know how much we get? 1.6" is average
for September. That is quite a bit considering our August is the
biggest month of the year at 2.1" of rainfall on average. This rain
post poned the battery room progress by at least one day.
filtering is minimal. Wendy is pouring the slime through a piece of
lath that I had screwed some wood frames around.
morning. I ground ground up 200 paddles in our papercrete mixer this
afternoon. We then screened out all the chunks and were left with 60
gallons of green cactus goo for our front gate stucco.
out battery room. I think I will give this model another try with
some additional colors to see if that makes it easier to read.
is coming out. This shot is about 18 hours I first sprayed it. The
stucco is still a little soft, but should be pretty dry by this
evening. Which is a good thing since the forcast says rain is coming
from Fort Davis, Texas were in town so we managed to get these in the
truck and into the shade without too much trouble.
I made some tasty looking stucco today and sprayed it all over my front gate. Unfortunately I am running out of prickly pear and have a good amount of work ahead of me to finish this gate. Here is the recipe I used: Half 5gal bucket shredded wet paper 4lb lime 4lb fastwall stucco w/fiber 1 gal prickly juice 1 cup old house paint Mix with hand drill until smooth I posted a Flickr photo set which shows how I mixed the materials and sprayed them.